Skip to main content

Reply to "Introduce Yourself -- Time for a CS RollCall"

Hello from Southern Indiana... Started out 20 years ago on an Oklahoma Joe stick burner. Approx 7 years ago I bought a Traeger pellet grill and absolutely hated that thing. Smoke production and flavor sucked. Probably because I was use to the Oklahoma Joe and authenticity of actual wood vs pellets. Sold the Traeger and bought a pull behind unit called "Mini Beast" made by Custom Pits which I still have now. I really like the custom pits, but firing up this big smoker for small cooks isn't very feasible and its getting harder for me to find the time to babysit it.... On to current model. I just now purchased a Fast Eddy PG500 and so far I really like it. Easy to use, and I no longer need to babysit the smoker. Only complaint is the amount of ash this pellet grill is producing, but I'm working with it to figure out the issues and will make corrections as needed. The PG500 smoke production is great and the flavor is awesome as well. So far I'm really enjoying the PG500... Looking forward to getting to know you guys/gals and seeing what you're all smoking/cooking and to see what new stuff I can learn from you pros.