Skip to main content

Reply to "Jerky ingredient label"

ok.I have took a new step into the venture. Decided to sub out the salt for TQ on this batch. Hope it can take time to cure itself and turn red in the middle. Then while still wet gonna coat it up with a thick layer of Half cracked to powdery Black Pepper. To be known as West Texas style. Have a high confidence level..it might just work by golly. Yups will eat any thing that reeks of smoke. I broke them from sucking eggs on the hot variant last week. One guy ate two bags and the rest of the folks screamed Calf Rope.

PS Edit..Well got it smoked up and dried and is in the oven trying to kill any pesky ecoli type critters which might be lingering. The black pepper on the outside is sticking surprisingly good. Havent lost hardly any. Not sure how red it is on the inside but suspect it be redder than last time and the small amount of cure might do something good for it. The pepper was a bit costly cause I used about 1/3 pound or about 3 bucks worth to coat 12 pounds of strips. It coulda held more but I am a thrifty Scotsman.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • West_Texas_Jerky
Last edited by bigwheel