Skip to main content

Reply to "New FE Grill and Pizza Project Photos"

This is a edited copy of an email I sent FE back in September and pretty much sums up my experience with this grill:

"Eddy,
I don’t know how much feedback you’ve gotten from users of the FEC grill/cooker so I thought I would tell about my experience. Let me preface this by saying that I own multiple Weber grills, WSM, Lang 60, Traeger 125, and an FEC100 (IQ4). I purchased the FEC grill/cooker in mid July from ******, have put it through its paces multiple times since, and can say without question that it does a fantastic job as an all round, multi-purpose cooker. I’ve cooked steaks, hamburgers, chicken (whole and parts), Cornish game hens, vegetables, beef tenderloin, pork loin and tenderloin, Boston butts, ribs, and brisket. It does a great job searing on the direct side. On the indirect side, I think it is actually on a par with the FEC100 – maybe even a little more smoke penetration. Overall, it is a quality cooker. If I have any criticism, it has to do with the “fit and finish”. Wish Cookshack could have built it. The paint job is not the best – have had several rust spots appear spontaneously where there were no obvious pre-existing scratches or dings, screws/bolts do not appear to be high quality, and despite following ***’s instructions I still have the issue of the cooker lid binding with the hopper lid ( a good bang on the cooker lid usually solves it ). With all that being said, I would not hesitate to recommend this cooker to anyone.

Thanks and good luck with this venture"

By the way, FE sent me a can of touch up paint to take care of the rust spots.