Skip to main content

Reply to "Nice Rack.."

Not sure on all that cost stuff..I am an old PE Major..lol. I got lost on 6th grade fractions. So far I am usually finding the meat for less than 4 bucks a pound. Gave 2.99 for eye of rounds I just got on to soak. Those come from Restaurant Depot. I watch the Weds sales ads and most of the time one of the grocery chains has on something useable for around 3 buck. My little cheap vacuum marinator can do around 12 lbs of strips max at one time so I buy about that much at a time. That gives me 20-25 3 oz bags which I peddle for five bucks each. Yielding pretty much on the 3.1 ratio as you mentioned. I am working out of the commercial kitchen of a pal who owns a local bbq joint. I let him handle the legalese. My labels give the weight..ingredients..blah blah blah. Even have nutrition labels for those who like those. It take me 2 days of a little hard work (those eye or rounds are hard to shuck) and then another day of intermittent piddling around while it smokes itself. Part of day 3 to package it up. I am an old retired guy so dont figure my time is worth too much. The whole scheme is due to some nagging from some old high school chums about my lack of hobbies..lol. I am trying to get it down to where I can make enough to cover my bar tab and buy more meat. So far its coming pretty close to the goal. Hopefuly have a little left over to stuff in the Po Folks Box at the meeting house. lol

PS Edit: Ok just got back from the beer joint/pool hall and the dumb cop still had the goods in his office. Its been four days now. He is apparently a lazy cop. I am going by tomorrow and get it back. I cant lolligag around all day on this business. May turn it over to a fireman.
Last edited by bigwheel