Skip to main content

Reply to "Original Amerique meat sensor is bad"

electrotech posted:

Here at Cookshack we do try our best to insure our products are of good quality. Our original meat probe with the RCA style jack was discontinued due to an issue with the jack tarnishing in very humid environments. We now use a gold plated two pin twist lock jack for better reliability.  As with a lot of updates for equipment on the market this can cause you to have to make some modifications for the update. In this case you would just need to drill out the original mount hole to a 5/8 and mount the new style jack in the same spot plunging it back into the control board. This is typically about a ten minute job. We do apologize for any inconvenience and will continue to do our best to supply our customers with the best quality product that we can.

I called and talked to a person in tech support and was told that this was no longer available and I would need to purchase the entire Control Board.  If you still have the new probe as an option why was this not given to me?  I feel like it is just a way to get additional money out of your customers.  If this is an option how do I purchase it?