Skip to main content

Reply to "Original Amerique meat sensor is bad"

stuart posted:

We have certainly taken these comments to heart. We have tested many probes including the ones Polder and Thermoworks use without any better success than our current probe. We are currently testing a probe that we have had some success with and look forward to being able to use it. We should have testing done in the next few weeks.

We really appreciate all our customers feedback and work diligently to improve our products.

Stuart

Stuart I appreciate your response as well.  You said that it will be compatible with current probe but this was started by myself regarding my AQ that has the original RCA style plug.  I was told by obviously one of the less knowledgeable tech support agents who told me I would need to buy the entire new Control Module.  This was obviously incorrect and now that you are indicating that you will be coming out with a more durable probe than the current version.   I feel like this backs up my point that there is a failure to be looking out for your customer.  If I would have followed electrotech's instructions I could have spent $90 for a probe that the company knows has a problem yet would be willing to sell me when you have an improved option only weeks away from release.  If I knew that the probe was going to work better than past and current versions then I would understand the cost associated with this.  For someone like my who will need to buy the new module and the probe I am glad I had not made a decision to spend this money.  

I am very disappointed with how CS has chosen not to provide their tech support agents with the correct information to start with. Then mislead the customer again to purchase something that is so inferior that you have a replacement being tested and should be ready for sale shortly.   This whole situation has left a bad taste in my mouth.