Skip to main content

Reply to "PICS - Johnny Trigg's Rib Technique"

Finally had some r&r time this afternoon and was searching the "favorite recipe" archives. Found this post dating back to March 2001, posted by Texaskingfish. Read it through and see if it sounds vaguely familiar. Maybe Texaskingfish is the Clark Kent alias of J.T. Smiler

In a Sauce Pan: 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar 1 Large Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice 2 Fresh squeezed Lemons 3 2inch slices of lemon PEEL (yes Peel) 1 Texas heaping tablespoon of DARK BROWN SUGAR 1 tablespoon Lemon Pepper 1 tablespoon Black pepper (fresh Ground ) 1 teaspoon Taba**o Hot Sauce or more mmmmmm 1 teaspoon Garlic powder (DONT GRAB THE GARLIC SALT By MISTAKE) ************************************ SIMMER on low til sugar dissolves NOT BOIL ## Remove the membrane off of the Ribs !!! I have not seen anything posted in the past about it but It is a must for me (and most of the competition cookers around here)!!! Use a knife tip to get the membrane (clear skin on the surface of the rib bones) started Then i take a phillips screw driver and roll it around til the membrane is loose and pulled off. Rub ribs with dry rub Okies is fine .It is a cross of 2 of my rubs It will work great. roll ribs and place in a zip bag covered with Marinade remove air and refridge for 1 1/2 -2 hrs. Pour out marinade. re-rub with dry rub and put back in refridge for 10-12 hours. Then cook them up ..... More to the story here but not going to give out all the secrets. These will still be just awesome !!!!! Good bit of work (The day before the judging) but well worth it on game day. Part 2 -the cooking process start at 250 with meat side up for 1 hr meat side down 1/2 hr remove and place on a foil sheet cover with more dry rub & your favorite Honey BBQ sauce double wrap ribs in foil & back in for 4 hrs at 225 (3 1/2 sealed & 1/2 uncovered. meat should be pulled back 3/8 of an inch brusk another coat of bbq sauce and re-wrap let sit wrapped up for 30 minutes. then cut them with meat side down.

I had to combine two posts. Smokin had to arm wrestle part 2 from him.