Skip to main content

Smokette SM025

I've have my CS smoker for just a month and so far, I have smoked a Pork Butt, spare ribs, and a roaster chicken, all with great success. The pulled pork was to die for, the chicken was out of sight, and the ribs were excellent, but I could have pulled the ribs out a little earlier.

I don't believe that there is anything wrong was my smoker, but I want to ask some of the more "seasoned veterans" a couple of questions.

At a setting of 225 degrees, I start seeing smoke in about 15 to 20 minutes. The smoke comes out of the vent and top of door and is heavy for about two hours, after that I can smell smoke but it is not visible. Is that what others are experiencing?

I have read this forum quite extensively and check it daily. On multiple occasions, some have stated that their "wood has turned to ash". I don't understand the wood turning to ash unless it actually burns instead of smoldering. My wood chucks are charred/black but never turned in ash and I wouldn't think that they should, should they?

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_0166
Original Post