Skip to main content

Reply to "Smokin Okies Smoked BBQ Beans"

Patience, what Patience, I answer the same question a 100 times and I have patience...

...just teasing.

Let's see, if I can find the reference, but a #10 can is really big...here it is:

br />
Can Sizes

6-ounce = ¾ cup
8-ounce can = 1 cup
Picnic can = 1 ¼ cups
12-ounce can = 1 ½ cups
No. 1 tall = 2 cups
No. 2 can = 2 ½ cups
No. 2 ½ can = 3 ½ cups
No. 3 cyl. can = 5 ¾ cups
No. 3 squat can = 2 ¾ cups
No. 5 can = 7 1/3 cups
No. 8Z tall can = 8 to 9 oz or 1 cup
No. 10 can = 12 to 13 cups
No. 300 can = 1 ¾ cup
No. 303 can = 2 cups

Here's what you do. Go to the store, buy not THE biggest, but the second biggest (you know, that place in the store where they have cans so big, you ask yourself, who would use those big ones, well NOT you).

Just look for Van Camps Pork and Beans in the bean second by 2 big cans. Of course this will depend on your pan. I just a cast iron dutch oven and put that in my smoker. Of course, my little smokette works great, and the oven just barely fits inside. I use my 150 smoker at the same
time.

So, if you want, test the recipe on a smaller batch. The ingredients are there, modifiy as you see fit.

You can also add other things, like Pintos or Navy or whatever. Some people like that (Mrs. smokin') but not me.

Also, I keep leftover pork butt or Brisket hand and throw a cup in for texture. Does that help a little more? Really, if there are more questions,ask, this is a Receipe that your friends will always ask you to make again. The smoke gives them a flavor noone else has. Noone (except this forum).

Just Smokin'
Last edited by Former Member