(1) Smoker: AmeriQue
(2) Turkey Size: 10.9#, Bell & Evans, free range turkey, fresh.
(3) Preps: Brine, Elizabeth Karmel's, "Taming The Flame", pg. 255, with salt (coarse) reduced to 1 1/2 cups. Brine time was 29 hours. Butter (1/4 cup) soaked cheese cloth, 2 oz. cherry. Fresh Sage and Rosemary, 2 sprigs; apple and orange from brine in cavity. Pre-heated AQ at 275 degrees.
(4) Smoker Temp: 275 degrees; increased to 300 degrees for last hour or so.
(5) Total Time: 4 hours, 45 minutes, plus 30 minutes rest.
(6) Comments: Cold, 43 degrees and light rain, windy. No effect on AQ. Removed cheese cloth for last hour of cooking. Great looking turkey. Cooked breast temp to 168 degrees, thigh at 180 degrees. Dark meat just slightly salty, white meat fine. Next turkey shorten brining time. First turkey in the AQ and the best turkey I've cooked in years. Wife did not think turkey was to salty. Mild smoke taste. Left over turkey, today; moist and sweet.
(7) Smokin Okie, thanks for the help!! You all at the Forum are Great!!