1. Which smoker - CS 020
2. Turkey Size - 8# Breast(only leg/thigh removed) with 12% solution stated on ticket - so won't brine this one .99/lb on sale
3. Preps - Removed most of back and neck 'stub' to create a one-sided breast only cut. Loosened skin, oiled slightly, ample CS chicken rub - front/back and under skin (10 minutes prep time)
4. Smoker temp - 300 degrees with 2 small pieces of pecan wood (2.5 oz total)
5. Total Time - 2.5 hours no peak to multiple probe readings of 160F. Double foiled for 1 hour.
6. Comments: wow, this cooked fast. Beautiful color. White meat to the bone - perfectly done. Awesome broth left in foil - next time I'm making gravy with this. Smoke flavor to the bone - nice. CS rub was excellent. Wife said it was the most tender turkey ever. De-boned two large pieces, sliced thick steaks and served with potatoes and green bean casserole. I give it a 9.5... OK it was a 10, but would that be bragging?