1: Which smoker: Traeger Lil Tex, even mix of Traeger hickory, mesquite and oak pellets (plus all the alder filler)
2. Turkey Size: 7.21 lb breast only
3. Preps: Brined, Okies simple brine of 1 gal water, 1/2 cup kosher salt, 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, 1 TBS fresh ground black pepper
4. Smoker temp: started at 250, increased to 275 cause it was getting late
5. Total Time: 3.75 hours, internal temp of 160
6. Comments: Brined for 18 hours starting with chilled brine prepared 24 hours in advance, didn't rinse the bird when done. Light coating of Traeger chick rub over a coating of olive oil over and under the skin. Basted with butter every hour.
Perfect salt level. Meat was tender and very moist with a light smokiness. Skin was not edible. Fantastic results!
Thanks Smokin Okie!