Skip to main content

Reply to "Ventilation Concerns"

quote:
Originally posted by roach8419:
I have my Smokette enclosed in a Suncast Storage shed like RichH in the "Show us your Setup". I have 2-2"x4"(one on each side) vents and 5- 1" diameter vents(on the back). The smoker seems to be getting much hotter with it enclosed. Will inadequate ventilation make the smoker heat up to a hotter temp?

I have the exact same setup. I have a couple of 3" vents in the back like RichH.

The smoker should maintain whatever temp you set it at. Naturally, the exterior of the smoker would get a lot hotter than if it were out in the open.

The only problem I have found is that I have to split the wood chunks quite fine to get them to smoke properly. I mean no bigger than 1/2" by 1/2".

On a really hot summer day I can hardly get any somke at all at 225, so if the weather is not threatening rain I will leave the doors of the storage shed during a cook.

All things considered I like my set-up. I can smoke in rain or snow and not worry about getting the smoker's electronics or insulation wet. Truely a set it and forget it smoker.