Skip to main content

Reply to "Why do most of us love to hear this is the best?"

quote:
Originally posted by bubbasz1:
I think I could easily be chef if I had found my calling earlier in life. I just have a problem with making plates of food look pretty, just can't get my brain to realize that makes a difference. If it smells good, and taste good, the looking good part is going to be gone soon, and I won't have memories on how well it looked before I ate it. Big Grin

I was once, and am again a professional chef, and I have the same problem! If the food is good, I have no issues with eating it off of one of those compartmentalized trays like we used in grade school. But this is why I also used to have an "artist" of a sous chef. He (they) frequently talked about the plate as a canvas, and food as their paint. I thought they always sounded kind of French when they said stuff like that, in the way it made me want to slap them, but they sure could make a plate look pretty.

Then I see Famous Dave's serving on a trash can lid!!! Even I can do that!

This post represents only the views of the poster and is not meant to imply anything but the deepest respect for French food, French people, the French way of life, attractive French women, and French chefs in particular, regardless of how annoying any and all of these things might be from time to time.