Skip to main content

here's our rig pics. still don't have graphics but those will come soon

hope this took sure was a lot of typing for the computer handicapped
jack
ps ok for pic description here goes
1-serving areas with old gentleman with pretty tee shirt
2- part of steam table peggy's sm150 and the way we vented fec100 into the hood. we call this our left hand side of trailer\
3- close up of fec vent to hood. what looks nice and shiny here is now a rich mahogany color but it is the same diameter as the vent after minneola
4- steam table
5- lovely assistant who is in charge of chicken for comps wearing the correct tee shirt. this gives an idea of how much room is in an 8 x 18 ft trailer
6- tried to show triple sink, 7.2 cu ft freezer handle in forefront is for 22 cu ft reefer.

all items are nsf approved

rig looked like a big white whale when we 1st towed it so i call my rig baby beluga

pps the owners of the place where we store it are bbq nuts and they gave us a 10% discount!!!!! plus we can do our competition practice runups there and all we gotta do is give them food lol
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hey it's great to see your rig!!!! and to also see your faces. Now I can picture who is giving out all that good advice to everyone.
The rig looks great Jack, Peggy. Must feel nice to finally have it and to be able to get going on all your competitions and catering events.
I saw you're heading to Plant City, good luck there. Had my first spring training with the Texas Ranger there way back in 1986!
best regards, Steve in Taiwan.
Coffeebluff,
It works real well until we open the smoker doors, then we have to plan ahead on where we position ourselves! The vent system is wonderful. It pulls the smoke right out, but seems like the meat still gets plenty. I was a little concerned that it would be a giant suction pulling out ALL the smoke.
Peggy
i like that vent system. kinda like mine, strength- wise. i rarely use mine. its just there kinda for show. well, i do run it when i open the smoker and fill the room. we are still busy as heck, and still wanting to sell. got it posted in newspapers, and websites. alot of gawkers but no serious takers yet. one lady, said her husband was fix'in to retire, and it would be a nice hobby for him. we just laughed in her face! another wanted to buy it for her son, but thought it should gross closer to a half a mil per year.... for a 2 person op??? hello??? another laughing session proceeded....
hey, we want to sell, but our customers deserve better than 'mr hobby' and 'ms half mil for no work'. they have supported us and helped us grow. they spread the word like wildfire. every day new folks come around "so and so said we just had to try it" one high school teacher mad his whole class come. thoughtful enough he was, to only send a handful at a time. thanks to this forum, and other internet activities, we get phone calls all the time from the airport.."just landed, how do we get there?"
things like that really help a man stand tall.
anyway, we are looking fora SERIOUS team to take it to the next level. of course i already mapped that out for them also. it could be a half mil a year rest. real easy. but it would take a team of 4-6 hard workers. ok, enough for now.
peggy, ever make that stew yet?
oh yea, how bout that produce price, huh? one dollar per tomato, same with peppers. one twenty for the rotten lettuce....haha. thanks to the nasty hurricanes...
coffeebluff,
you need some serious people with money!!!
I did the stew and vended it at the last comp. It sold real well. I used meat that was frozen from the competition before (where we won 2 in brisket, but I won't brag, lol) so that wasn't any more cost out for us. We must have been the only ones selling stew, it sold well.
The bad side was it was sold for "piggy bucks" which meant we got 80 percent of what we charged.
Also, vending at this comp. was open to anyone who wanted to sell, and the market was saturated.
The good side was the 20 percent went to a charity.
At this point, we are wanting experience and we are really getting it.
Thanks for being here.
Peggy

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.