Skip to main content

I hope everyone had a great holiday.

Here's my question. Can you defrost frozen meat, say a piece of cooked brisket to a point where you could at least cut it, and then refreeze it safely?

Would appreciate some advice, so I don't do something dumb and have to send my next post from a hospital bed

Thanks,

Fred
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

fred,
since you didn't say whether this was for home use or commercial i will give you the commercial guidlines that i have to go by and let you take it from there.
when you defrost the meat to cut it you will then have to take it to 165f for 15 seconds minimum and then refreeze. since you are allowed 2 reheats this would count as reheat number one.

or--
take and run a hacksaw thru the dishwasher twice and then dip into sanitizing solution.
using this would be similar to using a meat saw and should allow you to cut the meat frozen. use a very coarse new blade and be sure to really scrub it before running it thru the dishwasher and sanitizing. it worked ok for me when i had a meat bandsaw breakdown. just be sure to never let the meat defrost and get it back in the freezer as fast as humanly possible
hope it helps some but myself i would give up one reheat over the saw.
jack

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.