Skip to main content

Hi all,
I'm looking to buy a cookshack smokette or Model 50 (before fathers day to get the good deal) and I was wondering if there is a place to mount either a dial thermometer or remote thermometer on the smoker anywhere. For the remote thermometer (not for the meat temp, just for the smoker temp) where yould you run the cable from the probe to the control unit? Does it have to go through the door or is there another way to mount it? Anyway thanks for the info. I'll probably order one this week (that is, if I can decide between the smokette and model 50!)

JayB
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The Le Gourmet Chef stores located in outlet malls carry the "Deluxe Remote Check" 2-probe remote temperature monitor for $59.95. It is accurate and saves a lot of running outside to check temperatures. The phone # for the store in St. Augustine, FL is 904-808-7311. They can ship to you or refer you to a store close to home.
Glad to pass along a good deal Tom. Let me know if you find them. Hope you all have success finding those polder clones. I gave them a close look and I'd bet the ranch that they are made in the same factory as the Polder and the price difference is the Polder name on that unit. I think I'll go back to the Depot tomorrow and buy up the rest of their inventory!
Hey,nj-pony.....I went to Home Depot and no luck. Frowner They have only the two sizes of Accurite....He says each area may have their own closeout stock....He can't order a store transfer from them because it isn't on computer. His suggestion was call the local store,give them a credit card #,and pay to have them shipped...I still have a drawer full,so I don't really need a bunch...If you have that store # and phone number,you might post it here for others....I agree about the manufacturers of all those units. My probes are all interchangable...Sunbeam has been going through a type of bankruptcy in some of their divisions and apparently dumped those units.
Hey Tom. I went back to the Depot this morning and the display was pretty much as I had left it (had obviously been there a while as it was covered in dust. There were 10 left so I just bought them all. Basically got all 10 for the price of 1 Polder. Guess I have 16 or so total so that should hold me for a while. We have another Depot about 15 minutes away so I may take a run down there. I'm sure once I've doled some out to family and friends I will really reduce the supply.
!@#$%%^^&&***((

LOL, darn....I went to both Home Depot and to Lowes, and nobody even knew what I was talking about. They have never carried digital thermometers. Maybe they only carry them in the big city stores, but not here. Darn, I was really wanting to get 4 or 5 or so of them. Confused
sounds great nj-pony,
let me know....I can send you a money order or a personal check...or you could give me the name and phone # of the store that has them and maybe I could use my credit card and have them ship them to me. Whatever you think would work out best without causing you much hassle. email me if you want at smokymeat@yahoo.com

Thanks, I appreciate your offer. I'll take 5 or 6 if you can find that many, but even 2 or 3 would be great. Smiler

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.