Skip to main content

I’ve owned an FEC 750 for several years. It’s been flawless. I went to turn it on this weekend and it wouldn’t get hot. Opened the firebox to see what was going on, and discovered there were no pellets in the fire pot. Come to find out the augers weren’t getting power. No, they’re not jammed with wet pellets. Yes the fans, igniters, and rotisserie motor is working fine. I called cook shack and was told how to reset the IQ5 board. Still no power to the augers. There’s an LED panel on the power board and the light for the augers comes on at start up but goes out about 5 seconds into the cook. I’m thinking the thermostat is bad. Anyone have any suggestions? I’m calling CS (Bill) again the morning but I’m currently at a loss.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I’ve gone over every wire in this diagram multiple times and checked everything with a meter. The only place I’m not getting power is the red wire coming off of the control panel labeled auger. I did wash the oven and racks out before the power issue occurred and I’m wondering if I somehow shorted out the thermostat. Not sure how as I’ve done this many times. All I can figure is either the thermostat is bad and not allowing the augers to kick on or my board is bad. I’m hoping to replace the thermostat and that my board is good. That would be much less expensive.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.