Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

its been awhile since I catered but lets see how this works out. Usually allow 1/3 - 1/2 lb per person. since you are doing two big meats lets say 100 lbs brisket = 8 good size briskets or 2 per shelf on FE#1. 100 lbs butts = 12 eight lb butts three per shelf FE#2.You can take them out and put the in a Cambro and hold for three or four hours without a problem. Then plan your chicken. 75 chickens cut in quarters should do. Sausage doesnt take long. Now this is ALOT of food. Not everyone will have a piece of everything. Also how many kids and ladies vs. hungry men. So yes it is doable if you plan ahead.
You should be able to do this with no problem. I cooked for 256 last month usning the old FE100. Just cook the meat in stages and use a cambro or a cooler to keep them warm. It is going to be alot of work but it can be done. It depends on the people you are going to be serving to the amount of food you will need. Look at the odds of women and children to men. Women and kids eat less that strapping men. This is only if you know those munbers. Plan on 1/4-1/2 of meat total per person. This is cooked meat. You should come out fine with this about. You can figure some will eat more whrn they like your stuff.

This is what I cook for my events and I have never come up short. Good luck. If you need any other help just ask.

Craig
FireHouseBBQ.us

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.