Skip to main content

Okay, I am looking for some input please...
I have been through the forum and gotten some good ideas on this and I will play with this before it's actually time to do it in a couple of months.

I have a catering for 200ppl with Ribeye Steak. I'm thinking I will have my CS750 onsite too cook with as well as hold with. I also plan on having my 10ft charcoal grill/smoker there. They want to do this in the local park in a picnic type setting. Perfect right? Anyway, so what I am thinking I will do is precut all the ribeyes before hand, marinate them overnight with Gurnee BBQ Dude's marinade that I increased in amounts:
1 Gallon Olive Oil
2 Gallon Soy Sauce
2 Gallon Worcestershire Sauce
3.5 Pounds Garlic Powder

Smoke on the CS750 @ 180 for 1 hour.
Remove and let rest in an ice chest for 20 to 30 minutes.
Grill over the charcoal 4 minutes per side with a 45 degree turn @ 2 minute intervals.
This should in theory get me Medium to Medium Rare depending on how hot my charcoaler is.

Any ADDS or OMITS that you guys think should/shouldn't be here?
Thanks for the input.
Jim
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Our preference around here when cooking a great steak like a ribeye is fresh cracked pepper, coarse, granulated garlic, kosher salt, and if I plan ahead, cover with olive oil first, add some fresh Rosemary, season with above, wrap and let stand overnight. Then bring to room temp and finish as you state.
Good idea FF...
If I prep and smoke the days before, I could use my 750 as just a hold cabinet the day of the event for my other meats! I like that!
Then I just show up with the steaks in the ice chest and I let my helper grill them up to order. Sweeeeeeet!

You also reminded me with your recipe, I have used Montreal Steak Seasoning in the past, that stuff's pretty tasty. I can buy it it bulk from SYSCO.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.