Skip to main content

What type of temp swings are most of you experiencing on the commercial units. I'm seeing a 15 to 20 degree swing on either side of set temp on my 250. It goes up and down through the set temp during the entire cook. It's a little better with a full load but there is still a 10 degree or more swing. Is this pretty much normal or do I need to call the folks there at cookshack? It just seems a little high to me. Thanks in advance.
Frank
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

What Jack said...
Thermostats are built to allow temp swings or the heater would cycle more often than necessary, ultimately using more fuel. The thermostat that controls the temperature in your house has the capability to be set so that it holds a tighter temperature tolerance than they are normally set at.. usually +/- 10-15� I'm sure the t'stats in the CS are the same.. only we can't adjust the critical percentage as we can with the Honeywell on our wall. I doubt you'd notice a difference in the cook if you could.. but you'd probably use a lot more fuel.
Thanks for the replies. Smokin', product is comming out great and I'm very happy with the unit. The only reason I posted the question is because I emailed Stuart before I purchased with this question and his response was +/- 5 degrees. I just wondered if something was up with mine. No worries. Thanks

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.