Skip to main content

I am so glad I didn't go for a stick or gas cheapy smoker. Put in a 10# brisket, after a 24 hr coke/oj marinade (listed here somewhere)and after 13 hours my little 008 is just a humming. Internal temp of the b is 172 and I'm starting to drool. These little smokers are pure amazing. Had it for about 9 days and did some pork butt, some brisket, 4 halves of chicky, and this 10 lber with another 8 lber sitting in the marinade. I have learned so much from this forum. Thanks folks and the biggest thing I have yet to learn is to keep the door CLOSED!

From the land of the Midnight snow that won't let go.

Don
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

GLH - I know it sounds like a lot but it sure doesn't seem like it when we're getting to it. Kids next door help a lot too! This morning's brisket is just about all gooooonnnnnnneeeee! Five adults and two kids - it just seems to melt away.

Tonights brisket went in at 6 - temp around 33 and still snizzling. Think I'm going to pull this one at 165 - sauce,foil and back on to 185 then to the cooler. The one that came off today was a bit dry on the flat part - the point rocked tho.

Don

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.