Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

TJ'S,
What do you REALLY want ??? What can you afford ??? I watch the temps. too, some day I'll get over it .. Yep only four. I would assume that being closer to the heating element that YES the bottom rack does get hotter than the other three.. Two 09's would be an option, talk about watching temps. .. I've been thru an 08, 50 and got the AmeriQue and love it. I'm still getting used to the probe and hold feature. I'm just hoping that they don't come up with a better one, I'd have to start selling thing's for that ..
Tj,

I've had both a 50 and now my AmeriQue. They both produce great food. The 50 is great but the AQue is better. I love it. I've wondered about a baby FE. But I hope CS wont make one for awhile. Roll Eyes

Easier to clean, room for 8 whole racks of St Louis spares, temp and hold, time and hold, 300* top temp.... I could go on and on. IMO, if you can afford it, GO FOR IT. (If you can't afford it; sell something.) Big Grin

You wont be sorry.
Last edited by Former Member
I've been an 008 owner for two years but am now waiting for an 055 to arrive (tomorrow). I debated the AQ vs the 055 and decided that for me, the AQ was just more than I need.. I keep my smoker on a table under the house eave and I couldn't do that with an AQ. I also don't really need the wider racks. And I would worry a bit about the control board and probe of the AQ although I haven't heard of anyone having any problems. Just think the 055 would be easier and better.

As for two 009's, don't think I would want to cleanup of the two units although it would give you some flexibility in being able to cook two diff types of meat at the same time easily.
I love the ease of use that the Amerique's probe allows. I can prepare meals on days that I am working that would be impossible if I didn't have a smoker with a hold temp. Although the unit is not inexpensive, it is cheaper in the long run to buy one smoker and keep it than to upgrade down the road.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.