Skip to main content

I just sent an e-mail to Cookshack.  I own a stainless steel Amerique smoker.  It is 9 years old and even though I store it in a Cookshack Cover on a covered porch the controllers either do not work, the original controller, the LED lights burn out, the second controller, or just quits working not showing it has power after about a year, the third controller, so I will have to purchase a 4th controller.  Also I have to run an extension cord to a non GFI plug as from the get go it as always tripped the GFIs.   I will keep using as when it works it works great but the workmanship is TERRIBLE and I will not ever recommend CookShack to any friends or family looking for a high end smoker.  EXPENSIVE and VERY POORLY made.  A real disappointment to a native Oklahoman.

Original Post

Welcome to the forum.  Sorry to hear of your problems.  You are certainly in the minority regarding your experience with a cook shack smoker, especially the Amerique. My 066 is from 2012 and runs strong as ever.  Expensive? Yes.  Very poorly made?  No. The digital controller, like those found on many other electronic smokers is third party and being electronic, longevity is dependent upon many factors. But the smoker itself is built like a tank. Just my 2 cents worth.

Last edited by oldsarge

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.