Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Run it.

Do the electronics work?
Do the ignitors wor?
Do the auger work?

If you get up to temp then everything is working (look for a fire in all three firepots).

Check the rack/rotisserie to see if it's working.

Check to see if it has the foot control or not.

I'll think about it, see if there is anything else I'd check
what are they asking for it? if its a good deal and all the things that smokin talked about works, then it may be a good deal......i would add though....take the side pannel off and check out the electronics, drive belt, belt alignment, any corroded connections, also does the rotisserie squeek or grinds when it rotates? [bearings may be going out]. ...my 2 cents.

jeff heaton, "The Smoque Shack BBQ " LAKE CITY CO.
This guy buys and resells used equipment. The unit was taken out of a closed restaurant. I found the original owner, who doesn't have a dog in this race now, and he not only assured me that when he closed it was in good working order, he also gave Fast Eddy's rave reviews. Not knowing who to trust anymore, I am going to check it out. Thanks again for the help.
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinOkie:
You can try to goad me into telling (you want it to don't you) Razzer

But it's only available at the FE class via secret handshake Cool

Let me see, $400 for the class, $400+ for air fare, hotel, rental car, impulse buying an FE Grill during the cookshack tour = $4,000 (give or take)

Learning from FE AND maybe having two days to pick on SmokinOkie....Priceless (now to convince my better half she will really be able to taste the difference after I attend)
quote:
Originally posted by JerinVA:
... having two days to pick on SmokinOkie....Priceless (now to convince my better half she will really be able to taste the difference after I attend)

To bad you're not local. I'm teaching Ribs, Brisket, BBQ101, Chicken in the spring at a local VoTech

Good news is you'll get those 101 guides free, and I'm here to help anytime Big Grin

For free
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinOkie:
To bad you're not local. I'm teaching Ribs, Brisket, BBQ101, Chicken in the spring at a local VoTech

Good news is you'll get those 101 guides free, and I'm here to help anytime Big Grin

For free

Believe me I would love to be local and to also be able to attend your classes. But then that would mean I'd have to be living in OK. Eeker

Though I do say that I have learnd a lot from the forum, though still a long ways to go. Smiler
I am going to inspect/pick up my new/used FE. I am soo excited, I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve. I am goingg to have Cook Shack refubish the unit. Good idea? I think so. The other "last question" I have (only because I assume CS is not open on Saturday) is surely there is an owners manual and does anyone have one they could send to me. I would like to start reading before I inspect the unit.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.