Skip to main content

I found a cookshack 250 and he is selling it for 2000. is that a good deal. Its the black one. I dont know much about theses type of smokers, and was wondering how the flavor and presentation is when done. Also can you smoke other types of meat at once? Im use to just a wood smoker. Thanks alot for your help.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I own a used SM150 - the SM150 has five 18x18 inch shelves - the SM250 has six 24x24 inch shelves, man that's some party you'll be ramrodding !! I got my 150 for $1400.00 and felt like the lady in the Ikea commercial running out of the store yelling at her husband "START THE CAR"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C7oqXewyCE

The SM250 has the IQ4 controller, 6 huge shelves and is exactly like the SM260 (click on the COOKSHACK BARBECUE & SMOKE-COOKING CENTER link below my post and look at the Commercial models to find the SM260 which is your model but in Stainless on the outside. Also, since this is likely a former restauranteur selling it, ask if he has hotel pans, tongs, any smoking wood left over he also wants to sell. When I got my SM150 I got a whole boatload of extra stainless steel hotel pans, 1/3 and 1/2 hotel pan inserts and lots of hickory for an additional $60.00. A real score in itself.

Sheesh that is SUCH a deal... Run don't walk. I would suggest a simple investment for the unit, order the cover from Cookshack to protect your SM250 (see, I'm already calling it "your SM250").

I started out with an older SM008 which got me hooked on smoking meat. The SM250 is such a terrific unit, you go so much capacity you could open a restaurant with it. Matter of fact it is already NSF (national sanitation foundation) "approved" and with a decent cleaning would pass a health department inspection easily.

Let us know what you do. That is quite a good deal.
Last edited by bigmikeinnj
quote:
Originally posted by BroadwayBBQ:
.. is that a good deal. ..

It's a great deal IF everything is working. Sometimes used ones have issues. Good news theyre are pretty easy to trouble shoot AND CS will help. Once you own a CS, no matter how you got it, they're super to work with.

But, I have a question. What are you wanting to use it for? The reason I ask is to make sure you get the right thing to help. It will do a lot of good Q, and like all of us, it's good to have more tools (smokers) in the arsenal.
quote:
tongs

WEll, I own a restaurant, its a Burger joint for the main but I also started doing Q about two months ago and its really picking up. Im just looking for something that is easier to cook on other than a fire pit. say we get really busy i cant always go out and check the fire, so sometimes it gets two hot or cool. So this would be a great add on to our restaurant? From the looks of the pictures its in great shape. anything I should ask the seller? Im very excited if it all works out. Also it had a vent hood on it. Thanks for your info guys

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.