Skip to main content

I'm soon to be a first time owner of a BBQ take-out joint. Our menu will consist of ribs, brisket,chicken and pork shoulder. I would appreciate feedback/experiences with the Cookshack 260: Recommendations on how to load the smoker, what combination of meats, optimal poundage and optimal cooking time,etc.

Thanks!
Joe
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Now, Dave, you know we like to share Big Grin

Joe, do you have much of a smoking background, have you been catering or in a restaurant, starting from scratch or just have the new 260?

Each part of your question could be it's own thread, but you'll find some great threads here, Dave's a great resource for us, likes to help.

Russ
reply to your quetions I've been smoking. Q that is for 20 years.I've been catering for 11 of those years.I own two custom smokers.back to my question I'm opening a B.B.Q. take out resturant.I just purchased a model 260 would like to know if anyone out there has any experience loading the 260 for there resturant,with ribs,butts,briskets,chicken;at the same time? Or is this to much to ask of the 260?
When I used mine I would load it in a staggered time fashion: butts would go in first, briskets followed about 2 hours later. Those would be loaded in the evening and pulled out the next morning for service that day. The ribs and chicken would go in that morning along with my pans of beans (right after off-loading the butts and brisket) and would be ready to serve when I opened for lunch.
Thanks Dave; information will be used this week. Dave in my big kettles the briskets take the most time B.B.Q.ribs are done in 6hrs. Chicken 1/4's 4hours ; Butts 16hrs. ;briskets are an 18hr. ordeal. Ribs are 3 and under chickens are 3's, butts are about 6, and briskets are about 12 to 14lb. with the flat.Thats at 225 steady.This is how we do it in the catering bussiness. cool down and reheated the next day.My new venture takes me into whole chickens and we will be doing Saint Louis cut ribs.The reason for the change is so the ribs fit the containers[there always the same size].And the chickens can be sold whole.This is a take out place only. We feel besides lunch folks will be taking dinner home,and would like whole chickens.Once again THANKS! bbqpitboss

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.