Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Fast Eddy,
Thanks this was the final dimension we needed.
We hope to be able to order our fe100 in 3 weeks. plus we will be getting an sm100. doesn't meet comp standards but does meet catering ones.
jack and peggy
2Greyhounds....SMOKIN!!!!
ps this dimension saves us about $750 since it does not mean we have to go to a 20' trailer Wink
Was the trailer you are going to be using a TrailerTech? I am interested in the mobile approach as well, just starting out though. Do you basically get them to gut an 8 x 18 and start from scratch? Is there a configuration that seems to work best for a bbq rig?

Aside from the smoke and hold feature of the SM100, was there any other benefits you were after?

Fast Eddy: Any chance a smoke and hold feature will ever be added to the FE100? I see it on your commercial unit. I guess smoke and hold is directly dependent on the ability to supply the wood pellets as well though.
We're going with trailer tech. We met with them, liked what we saw. They'll put anything you want in them and offer lots of helpful suggestions. What we want to do is enter competitions fairly close to home, hopefully do well and build our reputation in catering. Eventually, I would really like to follow Joe Oaster's path of a take out business. He was a great speaker at the NBBQ 2004. Featherlight sounds very nice. I'll look at that too. Am trying to get bank guys in line right now. Any hints?????

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.