Skip to main content

Hi All,

Issue 1
I have 2 FEC100's and am having an issue with one of them. It keeps going out after about 3 hours. I am setting at 160F for 5 hours and after about 3 hours the fire is out. I am using Traeger hickory pellets (hurry Fast Eddy, we need your pellets in Australia) and the IQ4 controller is reading the drop in the oven temperature. When I empty the fire pot, I can still feel the fan blowing. The second unit is working fine.

Issue 2
Would like to set the units to 160F for 4 hours and then go up to 250F to finish. I press the cook temp as 160, the cook time as 4 hours and the hold temp for 250F. The hold temp does then not have a time and the unit switches off. Do I need to press the cook time after the hold temp?

Thanks in advance.

Lance
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Did you resolve the problem, Big Boy? I am having a similar problem. On my last 2 cooks, I set cook time @ 180 for 6 hours and hold at 240. About 4 hours into the "hold" at 240 I have lost the fire and found a fire pot full of cold pellets and quite a few on the bottom of the cooker. Any suggestions from anyone will be greatly appreciated!
All,

If you're having issues with the IQ, the forum is a great start, but please call CS. Customer Support doesn't monitor the forum. CS wants to talk with you 1 on 1 to resolve your issue.

If it's an issue for you, then it's probably worth a phone call, especially if the system is "going out".

Think I have resolved the issue by pre-heating the unit for 45 mins and then dropping back the temp to smoke. I do a manual change to the temp before I go home and then continue with the 2 stage programming with the low temp on cook and then bumping up the temp on "hold".

The only other issue that I have been having is the oven being 50 degrees below the set temperature for the hotter part of the cook. Not sure if my foil over the top of the temp probe is causing the issue.
Sad to say I just joined the ranks of the fire out club.

I had the smoker running all day yesterday making sausage. Around 8 last night I pulled the sausage, and put in a butt to smoke over night.

I woke up this morning to a cold smoker and meat.

Odd thing was the fire pot was not but about 1/4 full of pellets. THe fan was running but not at high speed,and all the controls were on. Still showed cook time left so thats not it.

Had it set on 180.
The units are indoors under an extraction fan with return air pumping in air. The units have ample room around them.

Every time I have had a fire out, the fire pot has been full of unused un-burnt pellets. The fan is still going and the controller is still on and reading a low temperature.

Help please. The problem is still happening.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.