Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Ok, so I fired up my FEC 100 on Saturday, I had 3 whole chickens and 3 baby backs ready to go. i put some starter pellets in the pot and fired it up. I set the probe temp and started it. I checked on it about an hr. later and the temp was only at 90 degrees. I was at a loss. It cooked the meat a little bit, so I finished them all in the oven. Any ideas? signed...Help!
quote:
Originally posted by MNbbqkid:
Ok, so I fired up my FEC 100 on Saturday, I had 3 whole chickens and 3 baby backs ready to go. i put some starter pellets in the pot and fired it up. I set the probe temp and started it. I checked on it about an hr. later and the temp was only at 90 degrees. I was at a loss. It cooked the meat a little bit, so I finished them all in the oven. Any ideas? signed...Help!

Let's start a new thread, we don't want to confuse everyone with two different, new smokers.

You did it on Saturday and you're just now asking? First thing we'll suggest is start it first, don't put food in until it's all working.

Start a new one, see you in that post.
quote:
Originally posted by Hubba-Dubba:
Started the cure and within 15 min it was up to 300 and holding steady. After 30 min still holding steady and there is hardly any heat on the outside of the smoker. WOW!

You won't get any heat, well except for the sun turning the stainless scorching hot. And maybe a little heat right at the edge where the seal and door meet.

Just let it run for a while and see if it stabilizes on the temp you set. There will be some overshoot, but it eventually settles down.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.