Skip to main content

I have been a Green Egg guy for years (plus some Weber time as well) and love to Q. I have been researching a smoker and have decided on Cookshack as I feel they are the best company out there for what I am looking for.

My question is which of these to go for. i dont compete, but often cook for people at the house. Any input would be appreciated.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I bought the Elite and am thinking I should have gone to the next size or the Amerique. The smoker is great, but I love to barbecue ribs for my friends and find the Elite is not large enough to accommodate ribs for a larger group. Probably will kick up a size in the future but don't have the courage to bring it up with the little women just yet. Big Grin
There is a slight difference (not good or bad) between the electric CS and FE's.

One. The FE's get their heat from burning wood, no electric element and you'll tend to get a deeper smoke flavor, just because you're burning more wood

Two. FE's are less humid than the Amerique, so you tend to replicate traditional stick burners in the FE. But, you can do that in the electric's, just open up the door and dump some humidity. The problem is thou, that in the Electrics' they're specific made that was as the humidity tends to help the new cook get a better product.

I have an AQ and an FE in my backyard and use the FE 100% of the time (mainly because I just like the way the food finishes, nothing to do with the AQ being less than a great cooker)

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.