Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I had a 500 and really liked it. Turned out great que and it cooks faster than a 100 because of the large fans. You get a convection effect. The only thing I did not like was the shelf spacing. I always left the middle shelf out so I could get to the meat. I catered a wedding and filled it up with baby backs. I could only sauce the upper rack. The top and bottom racks of ribs were done at the same time. The middle racks took about another 45 minutes. I would like to have at least 7" between racks, but that would take a huge modification to the unit. I have big hands.
I also forgot my gloves at this contest. I was taking a butt out of the pit with a skinny spatula, when it slid off and onto the grass. This is called grass fed pig!!

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 47b7d923b3127cce985488232b0a00000027100BauGzNw5aMV
quote:
Originally posted by Fast Freddie/Love Shack BBQ:
I had a 500 and really liked it. Turned out great que and it cooks faster than a 100 because of the large fans. You get a convection effect. The only thing I did not like was the shelf spacing. I always left the middle shelf out so I could get to the meat. I catered a wedding and filled it up with baby backs. I could only sauce the upper rack. The top and bottom racks of ribs were done at the same time. The middle racks took about another 45 minutes. I would like to have at least 7" between racks, but that would take a huge modification to the unit. I have big hands.
I also forgot my gloves at this contest. I was taking a butt out of the pit with a skinny spatula, when it slid off and onto the grass. This is called grass fed pig!!

Great looking unit there what sort of trailer have you got it mounted on (size of axles etc)
I don't know what FF has, he'll stop back by, but CS also sells them on a trailer. You could call them and ask them direct for the specs on the actual trailer.

You didn't answer my question, you were posting at the same time.

One thing you'll notice here is the CS has exception Customer Service. As far as "short notice" it will depend on who you buy it from, they do have resellers and they would have to address their "short notice" responses.

CS is only open M/F, but once you're an owner, you get connected with enough of us, that there are always people to call.
My 500 is the one Eddy cooked on for the Kingsford BBQ TV show. I picked it up in Reno after the filming was done. The 500 in the picture is on the factory trailer. Towed it 500 miles, one way, to a contest. Towed perfect.
Customer service is second to none. I have called Eddy at all hours and he has always helped with any problems or questions. Great machine.
Call Cookshack and they will give you all the specs for the cooker and the trailer.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.