Skip to main content

hey all!!

well i have been open here in colorado for 17 days now and business is good! the town is just now filling up with summer tourist and we are getting quite busy so far. i cant wait till the town is full. my FEC 500 [on a trailer] is working flawlessly!!!! it is putting out some great Q! every single customer leaves full and happy. and we sell lots of poundage to go everyday. i believe we can hit our projections [sales] very easily, and have a great season.....by the way its hot up here, we hit 77 degrees today!!!.lol. life is good!
to the folks at cookshack and fast eddy. let me say i have never been more satisfied with a piece of equipment than i am with the FEC 500 [knock on wood]. it smokes and runs great! thanks to all!

jeff heaton, SmoQue Shack BBQ.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

j-pouchman,

go to lakecity.com , click business directory, click dining and food, then click menu. we are the smoque shack rest. my daughter and son-n-law own the southern vittles rest. their menu is there too. today was 68 degrees for the high......cool front! we fed over 100 people today for lunch, not bad considering the town is half full...............jeff, the smoque shack.
hey all,

we its time for an update! we are halfway through our season, and so far its been great! my FEC500 has performed perfectly. i have had people from across the country ie. memphis, KC, tevas , say that we have the best BBQ they have ever had. we serve dozens of bikers every day also. life is good! maybe one day we will open a place in a year round town. but then i would have to work year round. that sucks. but who knows. ill be home by the end of oct. maybe by then the temp. will go down in texas. it was 65 today................and a low of 37. what a life!!!!!!

best regards, jeff,
hey to all,

well we finally got our first season under our belt! we served roughly around 17,000 people in 150 day season [lake city co. is a seasonal mountian town] . the economy scared alot of people, and i don't blame them one bit! but we mananged our place pretty well. of course i had to work 90+ hours a week, but hey! now i have the next 7 months off to kick back, soak in my hot tub, and ride my harley! lol. i will also do a few comps before spring. we used an FEC 500, we had one problem all season with it, we had to replace the drive belt [quick fix], i had 6 bags of pellets left over from the two tons i started the year with, and it flat out performed flawlessly! except that time i forgot to load it up with pellets...lololol. live and learn eh? anyway, we will return next may and start all over...................time to ride now! later guys!

jeff heaton, "The Smoque Shack BBQ"

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.