Skip to main content

hey guys n gals!

i just got home from Lake City Co. i spent the last 6 months up there working my seasonal Q joint [smoque shack bbq]. we had an awesome year.... sales were up 22% over last year....and my FEC 500 worked perfectly! i used my unit 160 days straight with no problems! what a great unit! i have one more year left on my lease [next year] THEN! i will open a place here in texas that will be open year round. its a college town and we should do well. next on my list of things to do? road trip on my harley with the wife to south texas [fredericksburg], life is good!!!!

jeff,
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

jaxbbq,

as far as cleaning? shelves can be removed for cleaning. i use a heavy duty degreaser on the shelves, then take it to a car wash. they come out squeaky clean. as far as the smoker itself? mine is on a trailer so i can take mine to a car wash or somewhere where i can hose the inside out. now there are times when you don't have time because of being so busy. there will be a biuld up of food drippings, bits of meat and fat falling to the bottom of the smoker.... i use a shovel with a flat blade to get most of the debris from the bottom.....i cant get all of the mess out but i can get most of it until i can take everything out of the smoker and clean it totally. one must do the best that they can. but the shelves are easy to keep clean, after all, thats what comes into contact with the food. btw, i do not use a degreaser inside the smoker. also, be careful not to spray or hose down the inside fan above the burn pots.............good luck on your adventure!.

jeff heaton, "the smoque shack"

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.