Skip to main content

Here is some useful information on the fuses in the FEC500/750.
There are three fuses I've found, two that seem to matter: The main fuse, the motor fuse, and a very small one I can barely get to under a metal cover.
The main fuse is on the front behind a twist cap. That is a 240V 15A slow blowing ceramic fuse. Why slow-blow I don't know, but that's what was in mine. It's ceramic to resist the heat.
The second fuse is behind the big panel on the unit's left side. You have to remove all the hex bolts and remove the panel. Look at the motor base... the fuse is right behind it. This is also ceramic and is 240V 5A.
The third fuse is a regular (read: glass) fuse on a circuit board on the bottom of this same left panel. I don't know what it controls.

I've specifically not listed the fuse numbers. That's because unless you go to a home depot or lowes that has smarter people than mine, they will say they don't have your fuse. Yes they do. Both had quick-blow ceramic fuses in 5, 10, and 15A (and bigger) because these are what go in microwaves.

Sometimes these fuses are grey and sometimes white. My recollection is one is quick blow and the other slow, but I'll have to edit the post when I remember. As I said, the ones that came with my fec500 were slow blow, and I've used quick blow interchangably when I've needed to.

So there you have it. If, for whatever reason your local big box store doesn't carry these, I've also found them at my neighborhood hardware store.

Hope this was helpful to someone!
Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.