Skip to main content

I got my FE100 yesterday at about 3pm. What a nice piece of equipment it is! Cookshack sent me cherry wood after I specifically requested hickory. I figured it wouldn't hurt to season it with cherry. I wanted to see if everything worked.

Man did it ever! To season I followed the instructions posted here on the forum and also in the book.

load hopper with pellets
180 degrees for 8 min
turn off - turn to 300 degrees
let season for an hour

Whats amazing is how fast it came up to 300+ degrees. In 10 minutes it was at 275 and at 15 it went to 325 before settling back around the 300 degree mark.

I am looking forward to smoking some butts as soon as I get some hickory pellets.

Couple of questions:

1.) In the maintenance section it talks about some 3-in-1 oil on the fans and auger motor every 6 months. I can see the fans and I am guessing you drop some oil on to the spindle, but where would you oil the auger motor? What points? It would have been nice for the manual to contain a picture of the lube points.

2.) Seasoning with cherry wont hurt anything if I normally work with hickory will it? I am guessing not but I just have to ask.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I received the operators "manual" consisting of about 8 pages, front and back cover included. In the back in a 3 line paragraph marked "maintenance", it said:

"Use 3 in 1 oil on auger motor and both fans every 6 months".

I do not have the manual with me but when I get home I will scan the sections regarding maintenance and anything else that looks interesting and post it on the forums.

Do I need to send the scan to SmokinOkie or can I upload it myself?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.