Skip to main content

I own and love my Cookshack 008; I've decided I'd like to get something slightly larger.

I have found a "lightly used" AmeriQue 66 with a manufactured date of 7-22-09. The grainy photos I've seen show a different control design than the current model.

I'm wondering if someone might discuss the features/design changes that have occurred since 2009. Will I be missing any features?

Also, when I go to inspect for the first/only time, does anyone have a short list of things to check? Clearly power on, make sure probe works, check for all parts, etc. The challenge is being unable to fire it for a few hours to be sure it will hold temp and the programming works.

The model I'm considering purchasing looks like attached photo.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • AmeriQue_66
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

both smokers are essentially the same. The newer design has production changes to make the 066 more similar to the other smaller smokers. The controls are the same only housed differently. Would be nice to have time to power the smoker on long enough to see how it comes to temp to see that the heating element and the controls do work. You might check the remote meat probe by placing it in hot and cold water to see if it works. Try setting the temp and timer adjustments. Check that the door closes tight all the way around. When the unit is turned on you will hear clicking sounds from the controls, which is normal. Set the temp and timer and watch to see that the temp rises. You can download the users manual from the CS site. Personally I like the older design.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.