Skip to main content

well i talked to terri at cookshack yesterday and ordered a new FEC 500. today i sent in my $2,000 to get that puppy started! it takes 5-6 weeks to build one. Last week i secured an 80 seat restaurant in lake city colorado for the next 5 years with a great location in the middle of town. Over the last 20 years[man that makes me feel old] i have owned several different food establishments,all successful, the last one [southern vittles] i sold to my daughter and son-n-law. [www.southernvittles.com]. at southern vittles we did an average of 400+ meals a day [lunch and dinner] its a southern style restaurant. we did ribs on sat. night. BUT! you can't keep an old hoss down, so we got back in the biz. our new place will be nothing but BBQ. the nice thing about lake city is it is a seasonal mountian town. we work 100+ hours a week, but we only work 4 months a year. the rest of the year the wife and i travel and ride our harley all over the country. the hours don't bother me at all cause its something i love to do. NOW! with a smoker like that i just may have to start doing cookoffs.
If any you guys and gals are in the southwest part of colorado, come on by and say hi, i'll buy you a beer. BTW. our new place is called " The SmoQue Shack".
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.