Skip to main content

Hi Yall,

Just got my new FEC-100 "Freight guys delivered it at 2:00 today" & Rolled it out onto the back patio, got a slab of baby backs on her & she is hummin along real nice. cant wait to get some butts on her this weekend.

P.S. she seems to be running a little hot?
Got her set to 225 & it seems to be at a steady 275? maybe to early to tell & I,m jumpin the gun.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Mine ran hot when I seasoned it and it will also be about 20 degrees hotter than the readout if I have a small amount of product on it. I am glad you had a good experience with the delivery, I played hell with Fed Ex and eventually just went to the distribution center and picked it up. Congratulations, it is money well spent.
All I Can say is YYUUMMMM.
I put those bad boy Baby Backs in the fec & set her temp at 170 for like 1hr then my wife freaked on me & made me take the fec out of the screened in pool area & out on the outside Deck "to much smoke getting into the house".
So once in her new location i set her to about 225 for about 45 mins then cranked her to 270 for the last 1/2hr.
Just ate about 1/2 the slab, man were they good & the smoke ring on them was amazing.

As far as the high temps go i think its all ok.
seems like it settled down after a while & quite frankly with the dutys of helping the kids with all the homework, getting my son to Karate class on time & the wifey going nuts cause i had the house in a wreck from all the smoker stuff, Eeker I couldn't realy keep my eye on it very good.

Thanks for the reply Dean C.

Chile, yea i got the new FEC-100 With the IQ3 Controller. "Very nice"

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.