Skip to main content

HEY GUYS,

well, this last wend. i traveled up to ponca city to pick up my new rig! stayed the night and took delivery thurs. mourning. i had my fec500 trailer mounted. it trailered 400 miles with out one prob. it pulled real smooth. SO today [right now] ive got ribs, chicken and sausage going. the unit started right up without any probs. one of my neighbors was extra friendly to me today......lol. anyway ive got lots of cold beer, shade and a nice wind wafting through......not a bad day eh? wish i knew how to post pics. i'll let y'all know how it comes out.......i will be leaving for colorado in a couple of weeks. ive got to get the new BBQ joint going. later dudes!

jeff, The SmoQue Shack
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

tod,

im opening a bbq joint. no waitstaff, you come up to the counter, place your order and pay, and when we call thier name they come and get it. i can run this place with 3 employees. and do over $2,000 a day in sales. food cost-30%, payroll 15%, profit margin over 20%.
im renting a place that has everything i need except for a smoker and holding cabinets, and a few little items. plus im going to paint inside and out. ive already bought an airless for that. i got a 3 year lease with options. it also has 4 completly furnished apartments, comes in handy for employees, it helps keep the payroll down. the cool thing is that its a seasonal mountian town, may- sept. then i have the rest of the year off! btw. rent is very high in colo. but we got a great deal, it just fell in our laps.
also! the chicken, ribs, and sausage i smoked today was OUTSTANDING! tomorrow its brisket, and butts.........
quote:
Originally posted by dublin551:
tod,

im opening a bbq joint. no waitstaff, you come up to the counter, place your order and pay, and when we call thier name they come and get it. i can run this place with 3 employees. and do over $2,000 a day in sales. food cost-30%, payroll 15%, profit margin over 20%.
im renting a place that has everything i need except for a smoker and holding cabinets, and a few little items. plus im going to paint inside and out. ive already bought an airless for that. i got a 3 year lease with options. it also has 4 completly furnished apartments, comes in handy for employees, it helps keep the payroll down. the cool thing is that its a seasonal mountian town, may- sept. then i have the rest of the year off! btw. rent is very high in colo. but we got a great deal, it just fell in our laps.
also! the chicken, ribs, and sausage i smoked today was OUTSTANDING! tomorrow its brisket, and butts.........

I wish something like that would fall into my lap! Sounds like you're going to have a busy summer. Good luck with the venture.
hey all,

well i towed my FEC500 to colo. and it pulled like a dream. most people who talked to me was excited that im doing a BBQ place. and they were impressed by the size of my smoker. we will open on may 19th. till the end of sept. we have painted and cleaned the restaurant this past week, and should get done in the next few days. THEN its road trip time on my harley! it is so nice up there [in colo.] got to recharge the batteries before we open, then its 100 hours a week till oct. i have a pretty good rep. in lake city, so i should be really busy.........updates to follow...............cheers!
hey bro.

yes my path is set! we have painted, cleaned, and advertised. people are excited about our place. i have to play with my smoker because the altitude here is 8678'. so i need to smoke a little lower temp, and a little longer time. and im using the instructions you and fast eddie gave at the school back in december. BTW. i may have to take it again because i missed the KCBS judging class, and i may be doing some cook offs down here in texas.
we will open may 19th. till sept 30th. then i will take a well deserved bike [harley] trip for a few days. .................life is good.............jeff,

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.