Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

MoBob,

I'll tell you how good it is. I smoked twice a week for three months - usually had enough left from each smoking to eat another day or two. Finally my wife said, "Enough! I can't eat BBQ every day just so you can play with the CookShack."

Oh! Well, I smoke only once a week now, but I use packer sizes amounts.Big Grin Then what is left is vacuum packed and frozen and is eaten when I want it. Roll Eyes
MoBob,

There is nothing as good as removing the BBQ from the smoker and eating while still warm. Second best is vacuum packing and eating at my leisure. I have noticed that the vacuum packed and frozen BBQ has a stronger smoke flavor than when first removed from the smoker.

But! In all fairness, I have noticed that the finished product gets stronger with smoke flavor, even when refrigerated a day or so. With the stronger smoke flavor, Cookshack BBQ frozen is still better thawed out and warmed up than fresh BBQ I buy at the local restaurants.Smiler
quote:
With the stronger smoke flavor, Cookshack BBQ frozen is still better thawed out and warmed up than fresh BBQ I buy at the local restaurants.

Well I just couldn't wait for my Smokette. I got to wanting some BBQ so I went to a local restaurant yesterday. Their lunch special was BBQ chicken sandwich and cole slaw. I thought well that don't sound too bad so I ordered it. Belive me it was BAD. I guess I'll wait for my Smokette before I eat any more BBQ. Supposed to be her on the 23rd.
One of my favorite smoke is Pork Butts. I try to find the biggest one Sam's have and smoke it to 190 de. With the leftovers, we seale them in 10-12 oz portions id foodsaver bags. When ready to use we just taken the frozen bag and put it in boiling water fro 10 minutes. Tastes just as good as the day we took it out of the 008.
quote:
Originally posted by jimfromweymouth:
MoBob, I'm sure there is a slight loss of flavor but vacuum packed and frozen is great.
I just thaw it in the microwave at 50 percent power. It still has the nice smoked smell.

We can agree to disagree. Big Grin I would never use the microwave to thaw or re-heat unless I was in a dire bind! Microwaving will change the texture, make it tougher and, IMO changes the taste.

Maybe it's just me...!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.