Skip to main content

I got my smokette about a month ago. I have been faithfully utilizing it and working at it.

But I am POed.

First, all I have to do is prep the meat, put it in, put the temp probe in it, set the theormostat, and go to bed. Now how much FUN is that. No all nighters pokin' & stokin' the fire on the offset.

OR, I could use my WSM, but it sure is a mess to clean up & doesn't do any better than the 009. But I do occassionally get to poke the fire and worry about it in the middle of the night. !!!

OR, I could use the gas grill as indirect - and probably run out of gas in the middle of the night on a brisket cook. Medium rare brisket is NOT a pretty sight.

JUST no fun at all on the smokette. It just sits there & produces very good Q Frowner
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

FairWeather,

I was at an outdoor store the other day and they had a campfire ring, with rods and a manual turned spit to turn your Q. If I remember correctly it was under $30. I'm sure they are available in a lot of places. Then when you are feeling nostalgic you can go out and build and open fire and turn you Q continually. Once or twice a year should be enough to keep the old memories alive! Big Grin
FWS, it's obvious that you just haven't got the hang of this here Cookshack thing yet. It represents a whole priority shift. Now instead o' pokin' fires, brethin' smoke and eatin' soot, ya gotta spend your energy convincin' your wife and neighbors just how hard ya worked to produce that great tastin' BBQ after they've seen ya sitting in a lawn chair all day, sippin a cool one and readin' the Da Vinci Code. Believe me, that convincin' job can be hard work.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.