Skip to main content

This is what Stuart replied about the PG1000i controller conversion:

"The Fireboard we are using on the PG1000i has a temperature range of 180 to 600 degrees F. Because of the insulation on the PG1000 it is difficult to keep the temperature very accurate below the 200 degree setting.

The Fireboard is a PID controller, so there isn’t any LHT or HHT settings with it.

We have not put a kit together to put it on the old PG1000. It is not that complicated of a change, but does require changing the temperature sensor and rewiring the unit. I am going to guess the cost to be around $600.

Currently we are not planning for a upgrade to it on the PG500 as we would have to change the PID parameters…".   Guess I will wait.

That is unfortunate. I don't absolutely need a WIFI or such, just an easier method of changing the LHt and the HHt. Something like an extra button. Please it once it says LHT and you up and down the time. Press it twice it show HHt and you use the arrows to move up or down. Press 3 times and it goes back to the temperature. Simple and none of this try to press the up and down arrow simultaneously, which seems very difficult to do easily so you can adjust your cook quickly and experiment faster. This would make the control much more customer friendly!!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.