Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I've had the 100. I liked it. I would like a 500 and would obviously get more smoke with 2 pots, but might be out of the budget.

Realistically I am looking at the 120 or 300. (a couple 120s or a 300 actually)

I didn't know with the convection on the 120 if it improved the smoke as it moves it around on the inside?

Possible small BBQ shack in the future I am kicking the idea around on.
First thing I would advise is to determine capcity as well as temp/timing needs,

Can you cook it all in one smoker or will you need two?

Example. Figure out the timing of butts and briskets and see if you would do chicken, ribs, etc at the same time, afther they come off or what?

Smoke profile is one option, but I think that's workable, for me it's the above issues that cause more problems. I like my ribs at 275 but my B/B at lower temps.

If this is for a restaurant, I may move it to the Pros section, so some of those guys may jump in.

Russ
That is exactly right. The plan would be to smoke the butts and briskets at night, and the chicken and ribs would go during the day at a higher temp.

I dont need 2 smokers, as the temps at night are lower than the temps during the day, but I was just looking at that as an option. If I went with the 120, it would be 2 of them.

I just didn't know what to expect smoke wise between the 120s or the larger 300? I have only experience with the 100.
Maybe a little heavier on the 300. The thought is that the smoke rises and via the rotisserie, it tends to spend more time in the "smoke" than the 100.

I like my 100 fine, like the smoke profile but I would suggest a heavier wood if that's your taste.

Smoke flavor is SO subjective. To you, the public... everyone.

For the restaurant I'm looking at options, but nothing definite now. Have to change the menu first, then we're talking equipment.
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinOkie:
Maybe a little heavier on the 300. The thought is that the smoke rises and via the rotisserie, it tends to spend more time in the "smoke" than the 100.

I like my 100 fine, like the smoke profile but I would suggest a heavier wood if that's your taste.

Smoke flavor is SO subjective. To you, the public... everyone.

For the restaurant I'm looking at options, but nothing definite now. Have to change the menu first, then we're talking equipment.

I also liked the light smoke from the 100.

Looking forward to your updates on your restaurant.

Whats your facebook page so I can add you?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.