Skip to main content

I have not seen any discussions or gotten any search results on this model. It must be new.

Does anyone have this model (yet)?

It appears that they are much wider than the original smokettes...18" vs. 13.5". Seems like this change in dimension would (almost) allow full racks to be placed width wise...and with the optional 5 slot adaptor, I'm assuming you could place quite a few racks in one smoketee.

Btw, I'm new to this forum, first time poster and thinking of dashing down to my local shop to order the SM020 today. Smiler
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Not to knock a distributor,but the minor amount of money saved ,over many years,will prove very insigninicant.

At CS you are working with the plant.

When others get ready to place your order,they call the plant to discuss when,where,how,and what the glitches occasionally might be.

When you decide you need to upgrade, at CS they will take your tradein.

When you are looking for a refurbished/warranteed different unit,CS can do it.

When you wish to tie in orders for free shipped cases of sauces and rubs,over time,you are working with the same folks at sales.

When you need help,service,etc,they are the ones you talk to.

They have been there over 1/2 century ,since the family invented the product.

I know them,and they'll be there,down the trail.

Just a thought.
If you are ordering anything besides the smoker itself, Cookshack is the place to go. These other places mentioned tack on shipping for the cart and wood. I priced the same items from both places and Cookshack was significantly cheaper due to the flat $30 shipping for everything.
I pre-ordered a SM020 from one of the resellers mentioned in this thread, but I have no idea when to expect the delivery... any estimates?

It's difficult to use my BGE when the weather is lousy. I plan to put the SM020 in a glassed/screened area under my deck. It'll be chilly, but no rain/snow/ice to worry about.
nothin wrong with saving a few bucks; especially in this economy. Unfortunately there are no direct buy CS store in my area. I web surfed and research pricing and delivery. Most places drop ship directly from CS if unit not in stock so it is probably little difference in your actual delivery time on out of stock units. At the time of my purchase the AmeriQue was out of stock and back ordered due to parts issues; folks at CS were helpful in providng info on this and projected ship dates. I ended up purchasing from West Coast BBQ Store; great customer service. Let me know exactly when to expect shipment and delivery; a hundred buck below MSRP plus free shipping.
I finally got around to ordering an SM020 yesterday from my local appliance store. Unfortunately, it may be a while before they actually place their order to CS due to existing inventory of the older models (008's and 009's). Fortunately, I'm in know rush...I've got an old school smoker on which I have honed my craft and will surely hold me over 'til the SM020 arrives.

I ordered an additional rack but I now see from the photo on CS's website that the SM020 has only 2 rack slots unlike the older 008/009 which had 3 rack slots.

Does anyone know if the 5 slot side racks will fit the SM020?

Anyways, looking forward to finally becoming a member of the cookshack smoker's alumni. Smiler
Just received my Smokette 020 on Tuesday. I seasoned in Wednesday morning, and tossed in some spare ribs at lunchtime. Lucky for me that I had the ribs ready to go for Wednesday... they were destined for the Big Green Egg until the 020 arrived.

Cooking the ribs was a snap, and my wife (not a big fan of ribs) said that they were the best ever. IMO, they were as good as any ribs I've ever cooked on the BGE. I am amazed.

BTW, the unit arrived in perfect condition... no dings, no dents, nothing out of whack.
I got the 20 a few weeks ago. Ordered it the middle/end of January and waited for shipping boxes. Packaged well, and nothing was damaged.
This was my first smoker, and I'm very happy with it. Temperature seems to be right on . . . Tried a real fatty 8lb. pork butt as the first meat to season it. Supposed to take 10 hrs. The alarm on the remote on my temp. probe went off at 170 degrees at 9 hrs./45 mins. I don't think anything could be more accurate or easier than that.
I wanted to keep folks working here and spend my money on a U.S. made product so I ordered it, never having seen a CookShack in person. Glad I didn't get one of the cheaper smokers I saw at Lowe's.
I'd have to re-weld the door latch on one of those in no time, but this one is built like a tank.
My only complaint is that I didn't have the money to order the larger one.
quote:
Originally posted by M.S.A.:
.... Tried a real fatty 8lb. pork butt as the first meat to season it. Supposed to take 10 hrs. The alarm on the remote on my temp. probe went off at 170 degrees at 9 hrs./45 mins..

Why was it supposed to be 10 hours? 8lb in 10 hours wouldn't be normal. And why pull at 170? were you wrapping or pulling off the smoker?
quote:
Originally posted by Wildfield Smoke:
I have not seen any discussions or gotten any search results on this model. It must be new.

Does anyone have this model (yet)?

It appears that they are much wider than the original smokettes...18" vs. 13.5". Seems like this change in dimension would (almost) allow full racks to be placed width wise...and with the optional 5 slot adaptor, I'm assuming you could place quite a few racks in one smoketee.

Btw, I'm new to this forum, first time poster and thinking of dashing down to my local shop to order the SM020 today. Smiler

I just got my Smokette SM020 and I love it after my first day already. I just took off a Boston Butt and and a whole Chicken and the whole family had a great dinner that was every bit as good as any restaurant serves. I have a family of 4 and the Smokette was plenty big enough to handle a butt and chicken on one shelf with the lower shelf empty.
quote:
Originally posted by ThatFat:
WS,

Before you run right out and pay up your hard earned $$$, take a look at www.thecharcoalstore.com ... they have the new SM020 for significantly less than ordering from Cookshack directly.

http://charcoalstore.com/produ...SM020/CH-SM020.html#

Cheers and good luck!

OMG i orderd the elite from cookshack.com but the link you showed it costs about $55 cheaper with the free shipping.

DAMN IT
Think of it costing a cheap amount for the Sat. night date,and a few dollars more for the long sought partner and their family ,that you will be living with for a few decades.

Good,or bad.

Yep,when the Sat night date passes,hopefully with no bad taste,will they be around next year,and will you want them to?

Yep,when you outgrow the new toy,are they going to take it in trade for you on the next one you need?

When it has a problem,will they set on their watts and talk you thru the problem,and overnight you that part for the big event?

Will the kid on the internet,that sold it to you,look at his computer screen and think you are talking about a part for your spa?

Does he cook on a CS smoker all week,hook you up with what you need to cook to make the weekend a success?

Is that kid,that punched up your computer number,going to be like that Okie that grew up there,with the company,and knows all their approaches from the last half century.

Does he yell out the door,and ask a question of a pro that cooks on them?

Does he walk over to the shipping dept,and see if the one you want is setting there?

Yep,that $55 divided by only ten years is about $5,and by months is about $0.45,and by days is....

Yep,could be right,them folks at wallyworld will be real helpful next weekend,when you HAVE to know something.

Just a thought Wink

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.