Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello,

I lurk here a lot but haven't posted in a while but.....

I have a igrill 2 and the ambient probe is very erratic.

I suggest you boil test the probe and it should hand +/- 3 degrees from 212.

I have one fec that is always 10 degrees colder than indicated and this was after cookshack replaced the probe. So if your iGrill is correct then visit with the service guys for further advice.
Level with temp probe close too it but not right up too it. The probe from igrill is new and I tested it in my house against my thermostat (new nest thermostat, and an instant read style all three reading 68 degs. And I do believe that the probe in the fec is off. Since cooking with this thing it have noticed that things aren't as done as they should be. Which would make since since its cooking lower then what I expected it too. Not that things are totally raw or terrible. I can account for that now that I know. But that seems odd for a machine of his caliber. Again I'm not complaining just wondering.
I have a new FEC-100 with the opposite problem, my temp probe is dead accurate to 250 degrees, and way off after that. When I set to 300 it accutually is more like 350 inside. Couldn't understand why I kept tripping the high heat sensor when I had the oven set at 350.

Bill at Cookshack sent me a new temp probe, I just haven't had a chance to install yet.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.