Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Moved this to the pro's forum.

If they're past CG and all the way at the back, then sure stuff can bounce around.

So, my thoughts:

How will they be mounted? If they're securely mounted you should be okay, just think about removable parts.

For the 120's the biggest problem is the inside shelf's and brackets might tend to bounce around. Look at your placement and where the CG (Center of Gravity) is. If your smokers are forward of CG or over CG then they'll have little to no issue as there would be little bounce.

On the CB, the racks are pretty heavy BUT depending on the above questions/concerns they could bounce out.

For the actual internals of the FE, I don't see an issue. The auger is securely attached to the motor and won't have a problem. But keep some extra sheer pins.

And absolutely, call CS, they can advise on placement.

KEY is where you put them in relation to CG.
Thanks Man, The CG Info already changed my layout!! My truck is a Box Truck, 14' interior floor. was originally putting CBO48 over wheel well area,an FEC120 Left of it and another 120 (flipped) to the right. Drivers side) Left hand one would have had a ton of bounce! Moved "left" FEC to passenger side in front of wheel well so the 2 are across from each other and open to the front wall leaving controls and pellet fill forward with 1' to spare from front wall! Both can be opened at the same time but workspace is limited!
Any more thoughts?
Mike
Update: Talking to Cookshack and meeting local rep in Mass. to go look at equipment already installed, taste great "Q", go over truck and trailer specs and plan purchase/construction timeline.
I'm not a Chef, I haven't earned the title of Pitmaster yet, and I'm not interested in BBQ Competition! I just want to produce Great (Gotta Have that "Q") Food that Raises a lot of Money for a lot of great Charities!!
Thanks All!!
Mike

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.