Skip to main content

My FEC 100 is scheduled to ship on 7/28 and I want to get the truck (we have a box truck retrofitted into a kitchen)prepped so we can be ready to rock for Crestwood, KY contest. I have the out side measurements but what about things like....exhaust pipe height from the top down and casters up? The inside distance between legs? Is this too much to ask (I am really excited) I don't think I can wait!!!

Chris Confused
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

commish
if it would be of any help i would be happy to take the measurements of my unit but it would be sunday before i could get back to you since i am spending all day friday and saturday in our rig. i would even send the overall from the hopper to the exhaust outlet boss on my fec100 and the distance from the hopper to peg's sm150 which sets right next to it. to get an idea of how tight we have everything mounted go to the pro section and look up the thread "2 greyhound rig pics we hope" i have a good pic there of the flex pipe running to the hood and the sm150's relationship to that.
just let me know by thursday and i will measure everything if you want
jack
ps. i grew up in indy but i always loved the boat races in madison when i was a kid. wanted to do the contest there but just couldn't this year. it would work in great with seeing my family again in indy
We would be happy to have you in Madison....the boat races were a huge success again this year too. I did call Cookshack today and talked with John he gave me to Tony/Troy...man that's terrible, real helpful guy and I don't remember his name.

Anyhow here are some dimensions for the future:

46" from hopper to exhaust (outside)
23 3/4" from caster to caster on the legs (outside width)
23" from leg to leg (inside width)
18" from leg to leg (inside depth)
26" depth to caster/handles (outside depth)
4 1/2" caster height
35 1/2" from ground to bottom of the pipe (floor to outside with casters)
31" same measurement without casters
11 1/4" from the back of the cooker to the outside edge of the exhaust tube
5" dia exhaust tube

That should be enough to get me in trouble!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.