Skip to main content

After owning a Lang 84 deluxe then opening a restaurant and switching to the Ole Hickory CTO, I have sold the restaurant and I'm going mobile. That meant I had to buy another smoker. I was going to go back with the CTO when I heard about the Cookshack cookers. I started looking at the website and reading a lot of different forums. Had Fast Eddie respond to one of my questions and he put me in contact with Joe Amore in TN who put me in contact with an end user close to me. After meeting him and seeing the smoker and more research I finally decided on the FEC 100!! Now I am like a kid the week before Christmas. I can't wait!!! Love the forum and look forward to the new start!! Cool
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

That is great! I wanted something that I could cook large meats overnight without the hassle of watching to smoker all night. Now I don't even use my original smoker after getting the FEC 100. I was afraid this was going to happen, but I will still be using my original for ribs and chicken for comps. Hope you enjoy it, have fun, and great cooking days ahead.

-Bryan
Thanks Bryan! I'm sure I will based on all I've heard. I loved the Lang but it did take a lot of work. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it gets here before the weekend so I can load it down with a couple butts, some ribs and maybe even some chicken. Party in the Great State of Wilkes!!
Over the years, we have competed against and have several real good friends that put out great food on their Lang's.

Even a teammate,on a clone.

When they grew into more comps,the Lang's would kill them physically,so they loved switching,and still producing top winning products.

As you know,Lang is just north of us,and I can't think of anyone on the circuit that has not switched to FECs

We all know it is still the cook,but can we enjoy the journey?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.