Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I know that Lowes does sell them. I bought mine there. It was and adjustable one that could turn in any direction and in different angles. It was kind of hard to find by their set up. If your particular store didn't have it then another lowes will. I would ask an employee to find you one instead of you going all over town. This is a common part and won't be hard to find. The rain cap you can find at any grain and feed store.

Hope this helps and shoot me a PM if you have anymore questions.

-Bryan
Bryan, lowes might have them and my store might, but we don't have anyone there that knows where they are. In fact I couldn't even find anyone to help me....in 2 departments so I left.

jjhacker, I live in Wilkes County NC (birth place of Lowe's Home Improvement) and there will never be a home depot here. I wish there was though!!!

Smokin....I think it's Russ isn't it??? I took your advice and called a buddy in the A/C business and he is going to hook me up but we are both going fishing this weekend so it will have to wait until next week unless he brings it with him fishing.

Thanks guys!!

Todd
After going to Lowe's, an LP supplier, 2 local hardware stores I finally found the 5" elbow and pipe. It was at the oldest place in town that I thought was closed. I will go there from now on. Love the old stores and the service you get in them.

Here's my next question...Now that I have the stuff, I need to attach it to the smoker near the top so it will be secure in the trailer. I don't want to put a screw in the side or top of the smoker to hold the band! Any suggestions or does it not even need to be supported?

thanks
Todd
It does have some weight to it and the elbow is one that has flexible joints. These two factors as well as it being in a mobile vending trailer lead me to be concerned with the stability of it without any support. I have considered simply sliding it on when needed and removing it when not in use. I can't think of a reason why that wouldn't work can you?

Thanks for the input!
I know guys that go both ways (oh wait, let me explain)

Some like to mount it permanent, and they just used the screw on the top / sides, removed it and built customer brackets.

I'm not a fan of huge extensions, I think it changes the aerodynamics of the smoke too much.

So I use a 5" extension and only use it when it's windy.
Just putting it on without any attachment at all doesn't work. Slid the elbow on and then the 24" extension and cap. Then I went to do something else and when I came back it had turned and was pointing straight down. I'm going to have to put screws in where it attaches to the vent and find some way to secure it at the top.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.